Thursday, October 1, 2009

Outside Lands Music and Art Festival: Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, California


What's better than mixing music AND travel? Nothing! Especially when it involves a group of bad ass friends that love music as much as I do. This was my second year to San Fran for the festival and the line-up certainly did not dissapoint; Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band, Jason Mraz, Incubus, Black-eyed Peas, The Dead Weather (oh, how I heart Jack White), Modest Mouse, and the list goes on.
We flew in Friday morning on Virgin America, which by the way fuckin ROCKS. Mood lighting, Absynthe shots, and texting between seats is the most fun I've ever had at 23,000 feet. Limo'd (cheesy, I know but, come on, there were 6 of us) ourselves to the JW Marriott in Union Square and settled into some very posh weekend digs. Not very gypsy of me but, I've never been a girl to discriminate against high thread count sheets and room service. Go ahead, live vicariously.....

Union Square. That's me in the middle with the rad purple shades


What's better than one gypsy? Two! Me with bestie, Autumn


Jammin to the Peas. Who would've guessed Fergie & Co. were the highlight of the weekend?


Fri & Sat were the sunniest days S.F. had seen all year and then the fog rolled in on 'Sun'day, of course


Gypsy in training


2nd time seeing The Dead Weather in less than a week


Jack White (sigh). Rock my world


Twin Peaks Stage at the main entrance. Check out below the awesomeness happening on stage



1 comment:

  1. Outside Lands is A-mazing!! Every year we make it to Coachella and now Outside Lands. The only other music festival that I have made it to was Bonnaroo the inaugural year and it was great too! Great post and outdoor multi day music festivals are the best weekend getaways ever!!!

    ReplyDelete