Thursday, February 24, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Here is my short list of books that inspire me to close my eyes and point anywhere on the map.
Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. I devoured this book in less than 2 days. A few weeks later, I was tramping solo through the South Island of New Zealand.
Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. I'm currently in the middle of this 900 page giant, handed down to me by a Brit I met whilst backpacking across Peru.
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. A girly read and wildly inspiring.
Getting Stoned with Savages by J. Maarten Troost. Quit job, move to Fiji, get high. This guy has it all figured out.
In Patagonia by Bruce Chatwin. Next up on my reading list. A gifted storyteller's adventure through the southern most tip of South America. It can't not be good.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Friday, February 11, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
A few things that make me deliriously happy.....
* The smell of rain in the desert.
* Waking up to puppy kisses.
* The first sip of a perfectly foamy latte.
* Driving with the windows rolled down and the music turned up.
* Wind on my face and sun on my shoulders.
* Diving into a crystal clear blue ocean.
* Staring down the white face of a mountain armed with nothing but a board and determination.
* The moment I realize I'm embarking on an incredible adventure.