Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The most beautiful country you'll ever travel through

We all have that place. That place that makes you feel like your feet barely touch the ground and that anything in the world is possible from here on out. For me, that place is New Zealand. Although, most of my earth shattering experience there had to do with the fact that I was away from home, working on the biggest project of my entire life, and in the middle of ending a three year relationship, I like to think my travels there would have been equally profound, had I been in a completely normal emotional and mental state.
Alas, I found myself (literally and figuratively) tramping solo through the south island of New Zealand. It was a journey that marked the beginning of my obsession to hitting the open road at every opportunity. Because really, the best way to escape is to, well, escape.


I love these photographs from ridiculously talented photographer, Andrew Smith. They capture the heart of what I experienced in New Zealand: a serenity that balances precariously along the icy water's edge and towering mountain tops.





All photos by Andrew Smith via My Modern Met

No comments:

Post a Comment